St. James Parish Hospital continuing to restore services, reopen specialty clinics
LUTCHER — For the most updated information about restoration of St. James Parish Hospital services in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, please visit www.sjph.org/hurricane-ida-updates/.
Family Practice Clinics
- Poche Medical Clinic, Lutcher Family Clinic and St. James West Bank Clinic (operating in Lutcher temporarily) are all open. Patients can now call the clinics to schedule appointments.
- The St. James West Bank Clinic reopened in Vacherie on Sept. 13. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Scott or Frannie Waguespack, call 225.265.3013.
- Dr. Vellanki is currently seeing patients in the Medical Plaza next to the Hospital due to power issues. Check-in at Suite 1200. To reach Dr. Vellanki’s staff, call 225.258.5930.
- St. James Urgent Care is open from 8am-8pm Monday through Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
*Specialty Clinic days and hours will vary as we reopen. See the updated schedule below. Click here for a clinic listing with phone numbers for scheduling appointments.
- St. James Wound Care
- Suite 1400 Thursday, September 16 from 8am-5pm
- Dr. Goodier, ENT
- Suite 1500 on Fridays starting September 17 8am-noon
- Dr. Cavanaugh, Audiologist
- Suite 1500 every Friday starting September 17
- Dr. Johnson, Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Suite 1500 on Wednesday, September 15 from 8am-noon
- Dr Copple, Orthopedic Surgeon
- Suite 1500 every Tuesday starting September 14 from 8am-noon
- Ochsner Cardiology
- Suite 1200 Friday, September 17th from 8am-noon
- Dr. Matherne, Dermatologist
- Suite 1200 reopening on Monday, September 20
- St. James Parish Therapy Center is open for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Services. Call 225.258.5934 to schedule an appointment.
- We are working with our surgeons to begin resuming procedures. Surgeries will depend on physician availability.
- Starting September 15, Walk-in COVID-19 Vaccines (first and second doses) will be offered through Urgent Care. Patients can walk-in Monday through Friday between 8am and 8pm or on weekends between 9am and 5pm. We are currently offering the Pfizer vaccine.
- If you received the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine and cannot receive your second dose at the same facility due to storm damage or closures, we can administer your second dose.
- Gem Drugs (Gramercy) – Open 9am-6pm weekdays & 9am-2pm Saturdays
- Winn Dixie (Gramercy) – Open 8am-5pm weekdays, 9am-5pm Sundays and Sundays 10am-4pm (Lunch from 1:30pm-2pm)
- Tompkins (Lutcher) – Open 9am – 2pm weekdays
- West St. James Pharmacy (Vacherie) – Open 9am-4pm weekdays & 9am-12pm Saturdays
BATON ROUGE –Today, U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-Louisiana) met with St. John the Baptist Parish President Jaclyn Hotard in... read more