• 75°

Entergy Update: 90% of feeders on the West Bank are energized, personnel move North of Airline on East Bank

LAPLACE — According to the latest update from Entergy Louisiana,  46% of customers remain without power in St. John the Baptist Parish.

While work may be slowed this week by rain from Tropical Storm Nicholas, Entergy is continuing to work around weather conditions as safely as possible.

Entergy has started transitioning resources to the East Bank of St. John now that the West Bank is almost completely restored. According to officials, 90% of the feeders were energized on the West Bank by Monday evening, and Entergy is making daily efforts to restore the remaining 10%.

Entergy has started moving personnel and equipment to neighborhoods north of Airline Highway, including the Belle Pointe, New Era, Sugar Ridge, Belle Terre, Riverlands and Cambridge subdivisions.

West Fifth Street, River Road to Dupont Refinery on the East Bank, and areas of Reserve from Central to W. 10th Street were energized by Monday evening. As of press time Tuesday, crews were focused the following areas:

– The West Bank of St. John Parish from the St. Charles/St. John Parish line going towards Edgard Water Plant

– Central St. on River Road in Reserve going towards Dupont.

– Dupont on River Road going towards Central St.

– Garyville from Clark Oil on River Road going towards 19th St in Reserve.

– Other areas in Garyville

Maps with estimated restoration times in the River Parishes can be accessed at  https://www.entergy.com/hurricaneida/etr/.

Entergy shared the following update on Sept. 14:

“We have energized the feeder in LaPlace that serves along Airline Hwy from the Spillway to Hwy 51 along with the Belle Point feeder that serves Ochsner Clinic Hospital, several commercial businesses along Airline Hwy and customers in Reserve from Central Ave to River Rd.  LaPlace Hospital, St. John VA Clinic, St. John High School and the St. John sewer lift station have been restored as well as multiple hotels and the Walmart in Laplace.  West 10th Street in Reserve restored power to some commercial customers.  Central St. to River road, Airline Hwy from St. Charles/St. John Parish Line to Hwy 51 and Hwy 51 from Airline Hwy to Total Choice Credit Union is energized.  We are continuing to work on the feeders coming out of the Laplace Substation, Belle Point and Dutch Bayou.  Congestion and rear access poles continue to pose challenges, but our crews are working with local officials and bringing in necessary equipment to address.  Crews are working River Road in Reserve, parts of River Land Estate in Laplace, Lucy, Edgard, Wallace and the west bank of the parish as well as commercial and residential areas throughout the parish.”