Residents encouraged to prepare for freezing temperatures
LAPLACE – The National Weather Service is forecasting freezing weather to impact our area through next week with temperatures potentially falling into the 20s on Monday and Tuesday. There is also a small chance of winter precipitation during this time.
Residents are encouraged to take precautions to protect people, pipes, plants and pets from the cold.
– Keep warm and dress in layers. Check on your elderly family, friends, and neighbors.
– Stay home and off of roadways if possible as some elevated roads and bridges could become icy.
– Wrap exposed faucets and pipes.
– Allow a small trickle of water to drip from faucets.
– Bring pets inside to keep them safe and healthy.
– Bring potted plants inside. Cover outdoor plants with a cloth fabric.
– Never leave space heaters unattended.
– Never use a stove or an oven to heat your home.
– Have a fire extinguisher nearby and know how to use it.
Parish officials will continue to monitor the weather forecasts for updates and changes and residents should do the same. Stay informed with St. John Parish through the Parish website at sjbparish.com, Government Access Channel and social media.
You Might Like
Detectives with the St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office are seeking the public’s assistance in locating this vehicle and the driver,... read more